Pet Rehabilitation Lansing MI
Waverly Animal Hospital Boarding and Grooming is now offering additional pet services that encompass holistic animal wellness
- Eastern medicine and physical therapy in people have been evaluated in dogs and cats over the past few years and now are acknowledged as effective ways to treat some pet disease and improve the quality of pet life
- Custom therapy programs are created at Waverly Animal Hospital by a certified canine rehabilitation practitioner and veterinary acupuncturist
• Treatment modalities used in the center include acupuncture, cold laser, and underwater resistance exercise
- Veterinary referrals for acupuncture and physical rehabilitation are welcomed although not required
- Rehabilitative methods work wonders in treating human orthopedic, neurologic, and other conditions and research showed dogs and cats benefit in a similar manner
- Rehabilitation is recommended for:
- Physical therapy for dogs leading up to surgical procedures
- Enhancing recovery following orthopedic procedures, such as repair of cruciate ligaments
- Pain management, such as in cases of arthritis
- Assistance with weight loss and control
- Condition or strengthening of athletic, work, and show dogs
- Techniques used at our facility include:
- Consultations and programming by Jillian Hentemann LVT CCRP – one of very few certified canine rehabilitation practitioners in central Michigan
- Acupuncture performed by Dr. Stuhler, one of very few licensed veterinarians in central Michigan having knowledge and experience of dog and cat acupuncture and also a member of the American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture
- Cold laser therapy
- Resistance therapy utilizing an underwater treadmill
- Dr. Stuhler is one of very few veterinarians in central Michigan having knowledge and experience of dog and cat acupuncture and also certified by the American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is a safe adjunct or alternative therapy for many conditions, including:
- Degenerative disk disease and back pain
- Osteoarthritis and joint pain
- Post-operative pain
- Neurological disease such as intervertebral disk disease, laryngeal paralysis, and seizures
- Gastrointestinal disease such as vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation
- Respiratory disease such as coughs and asthma
- Behavioral disorders including anxiety
- Skin disease
- Endocrine disease
- Analgesia and wellness management of patients in hospice
- Stimulation of the acupoint releases beta-endorphins, serotonin and other neurotransmitters, resulting in:
- Analgesia (control of pain)
- Tissue healing
- Regulation of gastrointestinal motility
- Regulation of inflammation, including body temperature
- Hormone regulation
- Most patients tolerate acupuncture very well and become sedate or fall asleep during treatment
Accepting new patients! Boarding is Available!
Friendly staff. Took in our cat as one of their own. Fast service and decent prices.
Thank you for seeing my 8 week old puppy on an emergency basis . It was so very kind of you especially when he wasn’t a patient. My own vet told me to go to an emergency hospital. Because they were too booked. Interesting because I work in a dentist office and we see emergency patients even if we are ” too booked.” I will most likely be changing vets. They were wonderful.
The boarding is fabulous the staff are all genuine pet lovers and treat your family member as if it’s part of their own family. One can’t ask for better than that.
Thank you for your kind care with my chihuahua BizZee today in getting her in and dealing with her broken leg. The Doctor and staff were very kind, sensitive and took care and really put me and Biz at ease. Biz even got “very good girl” written on her chart. We appreciate you being open on a Sunday for emergencies. Thank you.
Dr. Hubbard and staff take great care of my dogs and are always available when we need their care.
We had to put our cat down the other day and they were wonderful. They let me pick the time to come in and everyone we worked with was incredibly empathetic. I’m very grateful for the expedient and excellent care and attention we received.
Courteous staff will take great care of your furry loved ones needs!
Primary Communities Served